Weekly Email Newsletter
Past weekly newsletters
| July 03
| May 08
| April 10
Friday Newsletter PoliciesThe Friday Email Newsletter is sent to a private email list of Glendale residents and those outside of Glendale that have a Glendale connection. Subscription is voluntary. In an effort to minimize repeat notices (prior feedback from residents indicate that repeat notices are not news worthy, some resulting in un-subscription), written policies are deemed necessary.
The following policies regulate the content and privacy of this information service.
1) The purpose of the newsletter is to provide subscribers with notice of governmental activities, committee meetings, pending legislation, flag notices of those deceased, service schedules, safety alerts, other helpful governmental information and community events. The newsletter is owned and administered by the Village of Glendale.
2) The newsletter email is sent weekly to those that have subscribed, most commonly one time per week on Friday evening. Exceptions may take place in consideration of important governmental notices that warrant posting on other days of the week or on multiple days.
3) First priority in ordering is given to the Village of Glendale governmental notices.
4) As a service to Glendale non-profit organizations, residents, churches, associated schools, and associated organizations, these entities may be considered for inclusion in the Friday newsletter to report an event, as a second order priority, provided:
• The Resident or Organization is providing a non-profit community service or event to Glendale residents.
• The Resident or Organization is, or is associated with, a governmental, church, or school entity and the information is pertinent to Glendale residents.
• Frequency of courtesy notices shall be limited as follows:
o A topic specific courtesy notice shall appear one time per event.
o A qualified organization shall be limited to two (2) different notices per month.
5) The Administration shall screen all notices for compliance.
The Village of Glendale