- Upcoming Utilities Committee Meeting
- Glendale to Flush Fire Hydrants
- Village Office Closed to Walk-in Visitors
Upcoming Utilities Committee Meeting
A meeting of the Utility Committee will be conducted Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. using Zoom Video Meetings for the purpose of discussing business fit to come before the Committee.
Due to the Order of the Director of the Ohio Department of Health banning large public meetings and the issuance of Executive Order 2020-01-D, declaring a State of Emergency, the Utilities Committee is unable meet in person for this meeting.
The meeting will be livestreamed on YouTube Live, with a link available on the homepage of the Village of Glendale website at www.glendaleohio.org.
Those interested in attending the Zoom Video Meeting should contact David Lumsden at email@example.com or (513) 771-7200 for instructions.
Posted on 6 bulletin boards and web.
Glendale to Flush Fire Hydrants
The Village of Glendale Utility Department will be servicing and flushing fire hydrants beginning Monday, May 3rd thru Wednesday, May 13th, 2021. The Village is divided into 4 zones with the railroad tracks and Sharon Avenue acting as the boundaries. The zones and flushing dates are as follows;
Zone #4(all homes South of Sharon and East of the tracks) May 3rd & May 4th
Zone #2(all homes North of Sharon and East of the tracks) May 5th & May 6th
Zone #3(all homes South of Sharon and West of the tracks) May 10th & May 11th
Zone #1(all homes North of Sharon and West of the tracks) May 12th & May 13th
Please Note:- Immediately following the flushing of your nearest hydrant, you will notice temporarily discolored water from iron and mineral sediments.
- This water is safe, but we recommend running your faucets for several minutes to draw in clear water prior to doing your laundry. It is preferable to run faucets that do NOT have strainers or aerators (commonly found on the kitchen sink and bathroom sink faucets). Most basement laundry tub sinks and bathtubs do not have such devices and are desirable to flush out your home’s water lines.
- Please check your toilet tanks for sediments and wash out if necessary.
- Lastly, if you have a water softener and or filtration system, we strongly suggest you bypass it until such time as your zone has been flushed and you have run your faucets clear.
We apologize for any inconvenience this very necessary and required flushing process may cause you. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to call us at (513)-771-7200.
Click here for a list of hydrant flushing zones.
Village Office Closed to Walk-in VisitorsAs a result of increasing cases of COVID-19 in Hamilton County, the Village Office will remain closed to walk-in visitors.
Looking to pay your utility bill? Please use our dropbox in the lobby to deposit checks. Credit card payments can be made online at www.glendaleohio.org/paymybill or by phone at (513) 771-7200.
If you have other Village business, please call (513) 771-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.