The Village's Town Hall, built in 1875, is located at 80 E.
While it houses Council Chambers and the Glendale Fire
department, it also provides a magnificent vaulted ceiling auditorium/hall that
is offered to residents at a greatly reduced price when compared to private
The hall is rented for $290 per day/night and requires a $100
security deposit to insure that it is left in satisfactory condition (clean and
undamaged). With a capacity of 300 persons and a quaint kitchen and stage,
most residents have found the hall very appropriate for family reunions, dances,
receptions and more. For example, each year the Glendale Heritage
Preservation rents the hall for its annual fund-raiser, "The Glendale
Please call Sally Wilson at the Village Office (771-7200) for more information
or a tour, or to make reservations for the Town Hall.
Town Hall's stage was used in August 2013 for the CSC performance of Midsummer Night's Dream.
ON A HISTORICAL NOTE
Most people probably don't remember when Town Hall had a different fašade, but it did. It also had a much taller spire above the brick tower on the southeast corner. So what happened? Why did it change?
It has been suggested that it was in 1976, when the Thomas H. Carrothers III family funded the remodeling of Town Hall for the purpose of making room in the building for the Fire Department and generally upgrading the facility.
This is an ongoing investigation... more later... maybe......