HOME


Menu
Glendale Schools
Glendale Churches
Glendale Scouting
Glendale Youth Sports
Home






Glendale Garden Club 2015



Mayor Hoop and Glendale Garden Club Proclamation
Glendale's Garden Clubs
Glendale Garden Crafters

Bett Kooris ... (513) 771-5145
bkooris@gmail.com

One of four women's garden clubs in the Village, the Glendale Garden Crafters was formed in 1921 with the goal of learning improved methods of gardening and participating in the general beautification of Glendale. Active membership is limited to forty and there are five meetings a year, with a luncheon and speaker. The Christmas Doorways contest was begun in 1938 and continues to this day. The Glendale Garden Crafters has undertaken community flower shows, beautified the Village, and taken care of Carruthers Park which is located on Congress Avenue at the Lake.




The Glendale Garden Club

President............... Beverly Rieckhoff
Vice President.......... Kay Korn
Secretary............... Pat Huth
Treasurer............... Andrea Winterhalter


The Glendale Garden Club was founded in 1915 by a group of dedicated Glendale gardeners and has continued that dedication into the present. The Club performs many service projects as well as funding worthwhile Village endeavors. Membership is limited to 24 and membership is through invitation only from an existing member. The Club is also responsible for the upkeep of Rogan Park in the Village Square and holds an annual Christmas party for the residents of St. Marys.




Glendale Centennial Gardeners

Maureen Base-Smith......... President     
Rebecca Barker............. Vice-President
Michelle Evans............. Treasurer
Sue Buescher............... Recording Secretary
Katie Turner............... Corresponding Secretary


The Glendale Centennial Gardeners was formed in the year of Glendale's Centennial, 1955. The mission of the Club as a non-profit, charitable organization is to the dedication to beautifying the community through gardening and promoting interest and developments in this field. Active membership is limited to 35 and new membership is through the sponsorship of an active member according to Club Rules. The Glendale Centennial Gardeners hold nine breakfast meetings throughout the year which include a meal and program. Garden plots at the north section of the Village Square near the Depot, and between the Village Office and Bank are maintained by the Centennial Garden Club. The Centennial Gardeners also decorate the lampposts and signs throughout the Village at Christmas. We also have designed a tree walk through the Village and identified specific trees.




Men's Garden Club



(513) 772-4685

This club is a loosely organized group of men interested in the beautification of the Village. The men help to decorate the Village lampposts in the Square at Christmas, maintain the flower pots by the merchants in the Village Square and maintain the plantings in the parking area on Sharon Road.




The Village Gardeners of Glendale

Officers 2017 - 2018

President . . . . . . . . ..  Susan McCormick
Vice President . . . . . . .  Jana Monzel
Treasurer . . . . . . . . . . Joan Verchot
Recording Secretary . . . . . Judy Skyllingstad
Corresponding Secretary . . . Marilyn Duke
Square Care Co-chairs . . . . Whit Sims, Cordelia Edmiston

To contact VGG, you may email:  vggflowers@gmail.com  


The Village Gardeners of Glendale are responsible for the wonderful display of flowers located on the two islands in the Village Square. Over the years they have continually improved the fountain and gardens by installing paving stones and benches, an automatic sprinkling system and creating exciting Victorian floral displays. The Garden Club has a membership limited to 40, with new members proposed and seconded by two active members. There are monthly meetings from September through May. The Garden Club's largest fund raiser is the annual flower sale which begins in February, with flowers delivered to homes the weekend before Mother's Day.




Any questions or comments regarding this website should be directed to the webmaster

2006 © Village of Glendale, Ohio